It’s time to put your money where your heart is, Portland! Small business owners citywide have teamed up to create holiday magic with dazzling lights, … Keep Reading ››
Raise a Glass to Portland Breweries on National IPA Day
With nearly 70 breweries, Portland is known as ‘Beervana’. Ask any Portland beer lover their favorite style and you are most likely to hear ‘IPA’, the hoppy style that many local breweries hang their hat on. In fact, the American version of the IPA was pioneered by former Portland brewery Bridgeport. August 4th is National IPA Day, which began as a modest online celebration of the style but has grown into a global celebration of craft beer. Join the celebration by trying one (or many!) of the unique IPAs produced by Portland breweries. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Alberta: Summer is the perfect time for hazy IPAs and no one does it better than Great Notion. Check out their latest Guava Mochi IPA, which is brewed with toasted rice, milk sugar, guava, vanilla, and coconut cream.
- Belmont Area: Don’t be fooled by the name, West Coast Grocery Company is actually a neighborhood brewpub that specializes in a variety of styles, including their Window Shopper IPA.
- Foster: It’s all in the name. Northwest IPA has an IPA-centric rotation of unique taps, plus a wide selection of bottles and cans to-go.
- Gateway: Brewed in small batches and hand-delivered to bars and restaurants across Oregon, Gateway Brewing celebrates the sights and sounds of East Portland. Try their Exit 7 IPA.
- Hillsdale: Located in the heart of historic Hillsdale, Sasquatch Brewing is also the social center of this community. Their Woodboy IPA is piney, citrusy, hoppy and bitter.
- Lents: For a German twist on an IPA, try the Haus IPA at Zoiglhaus, which has just enough citrus to complement the end of summer.
- Montavilla: Threshold Brewing and Blending specializes in IPAs and experimental ales and sources their hops locally. Their Porch King IPA is double dry-hopped with Idaho 7, Amarillo and Simcoe hops.
- Parkrose: Gamers rejoice, this brew is for you. Level Beer is a video game-themed brewery that makes subtle, balanced, and traditional beers, with a healthy mix of New World ales and lagers thrown in for good measure. Their Game On! IPA is a top seller.
- Pearl District: Von Ebert Brewing took home the gold medal at the 2021 Oregon Beer Awards with their Volatile Substance IPA. Give it a try!
- Sellwood: Enjoy a cheesesteak with your IPA at 13 Virtues Brewing. Their Orange Hazy IPA is perfect for summer sipping.
- Williams District: Migration Brewing’s Straight Outta Portland IPA is a West Coast IPA with big, tropical, juicy aromatics and a crisp finish.