The holiday season is upon us and business districts all around Portland have been buzzing with cheer! How are you supporting local businesses this season? Shop … Keep Reading ››
Support Portland Small Business and Eat Local for World Vegan Month!
World Vegan Month is being celebrated far and wide in Portland Business Districts all throughout November. In fact, Portland was recently named Best Vegan City in the US! We are so lucky to enjoy the fruits of the bustling Vegan foodie scene here! To celebrate World Vegan Month, Veganizer has joined forces with 20+ vegan restaurants and carts in PDX to bring you delicious food and drink specials from November 1 to November 30. Each participating location will be donating a portion of sales from their World Vegan Month specials to a selected nonprofit. Starting at $5, specials include appetizers, entrees, desserts, and drinks. Round up your buddies and visit multiple locations to make it a restaurant crawl. Check out the restaurants and nonprofits they are supporting here and get on out there to support those and so many more local vegan businesses below:
- Alberta: Alberta Street has numerous vegan restaurants and is really a vegan haven in general. Some of our favorites include Chilango, Bye and Bye Lounge and Ben and Esther’s Delicatessen!
- Beaumont: Dirty Lettuce is a quaint but mighty spot offering seitan-based BBQ ribs, Konjac shrimp fries, and other vegan Southern staples.
- Central Eastside Industrial: We featured Ice Queen in our Wednesday email last week because this is a Native-owned shop that creates delicious vegan paletas and ice cream sold all over Portland, and now at their brick and mortar in SE Portland. They got some amazing news this week – they were voted the best vegan Ice Cream shop in the USA!
- Foster: You can’t talk vegan brunch without Off The Griddle being in the conversation. This Foster favorite serves up vegan American-style brunch with several vegetarian-friendly and gluten free options, too.
- Hawthorne: Harlow Cafe + Juice Bar is a destination that brings you fresh, locally sourced 100% gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian cuisine. From their “creamy” vegan and gluten-free mac and cheese to bowls that are filled with vegetables and grains, you’ll be able to experience the breadth of what it means to be plant-based.
- Hillsdale: Verde Concina explores the fusion of Mexican flavors with Pacific Northwest bounty offering menus that are naturally gluten-free. They offer fresh options for the omnivore, vegan, and paleo-minded alike. Dishes are simple, healthy, unique, often rustic, and always delicious.
- Historic Parkrose: Fork and Spoon Food House is a woman-owned authentic Filipino restaurant, coffee shop, and soon to be market! They offer a variety of awesome vegan options.
- Hollywood: Portland has a number of donut shops and vegan bakeries, but Doe Donuts is the only fully vegan donut spot in town — and it doubles as an ice cream shop!
- Kerns: Epif has been featured in our newsletter before because it is a Hispanic-owned, woman-owned, vegan restaurant that boasts the largest Pisco selection in Portland alongside many other amazing cocktails. They are on the passport for this month too!
- Lents: Come check out El Nutri Taco for awesome vegan Mexican food. They have many signature dishes and you wont be disappointed by any of them!
- Lloyd / NE Broadway: Blossoming Lotus serves organic vegan fusion dishes, including some raw foods, served in a casual, stylish room with a bar.
- Midway: Do you want traditional Chinese-American fare like sweet and sour chicken, ham fried rice, and egg rolls but with vegetarian “meat”? To Yuan Su Vegetarian is the place! This hidden gem in Midway serves plant-based, vegetarian, and vegan Chinese dishes in a clean and spacious space.
- Mississippi: Kate’s Ice Cream is a plant-based ice cream shop that focuses on collaborations with local, woman-owned, and minority-owned businesses and uses fresh seasonal produce from Pacific Northwest farms.
- Montavilla: Secret Pizza Society offers out of the ordinary, but over-the-top, delicious vegan, and vegetarian pizzas and other dishes! Don’t sleep on the vegan mac bowl they are serving up this month for the passport.
- Multnomah Village: The Wagon uses all plant-based, vegan-friendly products, but they are for everyone who loves to eat delicious food. Their menu includes hunger-crushing favorites that are always available, as well as monthly specials.
- St. Johns: Check out The Groovy Floret, where everything is vegan, gluten-free, soy free, and nut free. Tacos, nachos, quesadillas and even Sunday pancakes – come check this place out!