July is National Ice Cream Month and with warm weather and sunshine in the forecast, it is the perfect way to stay cool this summer. … Keep Reading ››
Treat Your Furry Best Friend at These Local Businesses
Today, March 23, is National Puppy Day! Our furry friends helped us cope with our many challenges over the last year and deserve some recognition. Take your buddy for a walk, give them a treat, and have a snuggle. If you’ve always wanted a pet, consider adopting from the Oregon Humane Society. For those of you looking to pamper you pet, here are a few stores that cater to our canine companions.
- Beaumont: Green Dog Pet Supply has made it their mission to specialize in environmentally friendly pet supplies and gifts for dogs, cats, and their people.
- Division/Clinton: If you need help with undesirable doggy behaviors like biting, leash pulling, aggression or anxiousness, you’ll want to contact Kindred Dog PDX. They pride themselves in taking on any size dog with any problem and creating a positive relationship between the pet and owner.
- Foster: Looking for food, treats, supplements, toys, and more for dogs, cats, or small animals? Look no further than The Headstrong Hound – a pet supply store that highlights BIPOC, women, and locally-owned pet brands.
- Gateway: Keep your dog feeling happy and looking great with Marlyna’s Pet Grooming
services, beautifying canines since 1978.
- Lents: With a variety of pet products and organic feed, Foster Feed and Garden has been family- owned and operated since 1898. They are known for great service and affordable prices.
- Lloyd: The Pixie Project is a respected, local, non-profit animal adoption center and rescue. They offer pet adoption services, pet owner education and support, and low cost veterinary services. Pets on Broadway is Portland’s largest, locally-owned, independent pet shop and has been in business since 1990.
- Midway: A to Z Pets has been serving Midway for more than 20 years. They carry fish, birds, dog, and cat food, accessories, flea meds, grooming supplies, and a whole lotta love for animals.
- Multnomah Village: Healthy Pets NW has focused on natural pet nutrition and health for 20 years. For a unique and special experience, check out Pawsh Pet Cafe. They create all-natural baked goods for the most discerning dog. Sit Stay Fit helps busy dog owners keep their pet well trained and in shape. Their services are great for a new puppy in your life that needs guidance.
- Northwest District: For a store offering an array of holistic foods, plus treats, toys, and apparel for dogs and cats, Hip Hound is your place. Cycle Dog is an earth-friendly pet company. You can peruse products in their showroom or enjoy a local craft beer at their dog-friendly taproom, which has an adjoining outdoor dog play area!
- Pearl: When you are on the road and need a special place to pamper your dog, think of LexiDog Boutique & Social Club. Founded on the idea that every dog deserves to be spoiled, you can be sure that your pet will be well cared for.
- St. Johns: Nature’s Pet Market provides the community with an all-natural nutrition market along with professional and self-serve grooming facilities.