Giving Tuesday is here and business districts are filled with the spirit of kindness and generosity – as well as holiday decorations, festive events, and everything … Keep Reading ››
Venture Out for Summer Fun at these Events in Portland Business Districts
Summer is in full swing, which means there are lots of fun events to explore in business districts in the coming months. You’ll discover classic street fairs in Hawthorne and Multnomah Village, celebrations of art and culture in St. Johns and on Alberta Street, and plenty of ways to support your favorite neighborhood business districts at events like the Fremont Fun Run and the Foster Market in the Park. Here’s just a few of the great activities coming up:
- Alberta: Last Thursday is a monthly art event on Alberta Street with live music, performances, art openings, and more. It will happen on the last Thursday of June, July, and August.
- Beaumont: Lace up your running shoes, The Fremont Fun Run is back on June 25 with a 3k run with obstacles through Beaumont Village. The Fremont Fest Marketplace will take place on August 6 and will feature a sidewalk sale, vendors, kids zone, and beer garden.
- Belmont: The Belmont Street Fair, held annually on the 2nd Saturday of September, is one of the largest-attended street fairs in Portland. With food and retail vendors of all kinds, show-stopping performances, and activities for all ages, the Belmont Street Fair is fun for everyone.
- Foster: Venture out to Laurelwood Park on July 24 for a summer time Makers Market! The Foster Market in the Park will be from 11am-4pm and will feature 30 vendors.
- Hawthorne: Hawthorne Boulevard is one of Portland’s favorite streets, and home to the City’s longest-running street fair! The Hawthorne Street Fair pulls out all the stops on August 28 with multiple music stages, two beer gardens, and blocks of sidewalk sales at many local shops that line this famous “shop local” stretch.
- Hillsdale: Join longstanding volunteer group, ‘The Usual Suspects,’ to pick up trash around the Hillsdale Town Center each month from 9-10am. Bring masks, garbage bags, and gloves. The next clean-up is July 2.
- Lloyd: Unleash your inner Tiger Woods and enjoy shooting the breeze with your friends while shooting for par at Glendoveer Golf Course during the LCA 22nd Annual Golf Tournament.
- Montavilla: On July 31, stroll down Stark Street and enjoy district businesses, vendors, a farmer’s market, and family-friendly entertainment and activities at the Montavilla Street Fair.
- Multnomah Village: Multnomah Days in the Village is a one-day open-air, family-friendly street festival on August 20 with musical acts, street entertainers, art, and 100+ vendor booths, plus food carts.
- Old Town: Starting on June 18, celebrate Juneteeth weekend with artist Cole Reed. On June 19, join 20,000 people on a march through downtown during the 2022 Pride Parade. Finally, if you’ve got a passion for footwear, Sneaker Week (August 4-10) is an event that will connect you to the right people and opportunities in the industry.
- Sellwood: Last Thursday in Sellwood is a family-friendly event featuring shopping, dining, live music, art, and kids’ activities happening May through October.
- St. Johns: The Cathedral Park Jazz Festival is live for its 42nd anniversary. This landmark jazz festival will be held on July 15 to 17 and will feature some of the best local and national acts. On July 23, the St. Johns Art Walk will showcase all the creative makers and fine artists that belong to this unique community.
Don’t forget to check out Here For Portland’s Events Calendar regularly to get the latest info about events happening city wide. See you on the street!