Portland’s Black Community can’t breathe. With COVID-19 wreaking havoc across the world and disproportionately affecting people of color, federal relief failing to reach the most … Keep Reading ››
Give the Gift of Local this Mother’s Day
May is here and that means it’s time to show some love to the mothers in our lives. Mother’s Day is May 10th and Portland’s neighborhood businesses are offering creative gift ideas that will make mom proud. Whether it is a traditional Mother’s Day brunch to-go, fragrant flowers or hand-crafted gifts, you’ll find something mom with love right in your neighborhood.
- Central Eastside: Olympia Provisions has bouquets – both flower and salami variety – plus a Mother’s Day Makers Pack with locally made treats. Kachka is offering brunch packages for two plus floral arrangements and Bloody Masha mix.
- Division/Clinton: Petite Provence is offering take-and-bake brunch and dinner specials plus desserts and mimosas to-go. Coral Story Beauty has “Mama Loves Gift Sets” that include shower steamers, candles and bath bombs. Get 20% off gift cards at Zahara Boutique with code “zbgift20”.
- Foster Area: Off The Griddle has vegan and gluten-free Mother’s Day bunch kits. Idle Hands Collective is offering 20% vintage and handmade goods off until Mother’s Day plus free shipping in Portland.
- Gateway: Portland Florist Shop is delivering beautiful floral arrangements plus cakes, pies, cookies and more.
- Greater Brooklyn: Hip Chicks Do Wine is partnering with local shops to offer a gift package that includes bath salts, candles, tea and a hand painted wine glass plus free delivery with wine purchase.
- Hawthorne: Bread and Ink Cafe is offering a streamlined version of its usual breakfast menu for takeout or delivery.
- Jade District: Pure Spice has Mother’s Day dim-sum available for takeout or delivery.
- Lloyd: Nielsens Jewlers is offering free ‘Make Her Shine’ Mother’s Day packages with purchase of a $100 gift card.
- Mississippi Ave: Radar has a special Mother’s Day brunch on May 9 and 10 plus 10 free meals for moms in need.
- Montavilla: Hungry Heart has brunch packages available for pick-up on May 9 and 10 plus coffee and pastries.
- NE Broadway: The Nightwood Society is delivering Mother’s Day brunch kits for two plus bottles of wine and flower arrangements.
- St Johns: Two Rivers Bookstore is hosting a book talk with authors Kate Kaufmann and Jackie Shannon Hollis about what it means to be childless or childfree in a society that celebrates motherhood.
Supplies are limited so order your Mother’s Day gift package before they are gone! Learn more about your neighborhood business district at ventureportland.org.