Great deals, bright lights and holiday fun await in neighborhood business districts citywide this weekend. Kick off the festivities on Thursday, 12/5 with some late … Keep Reading ››
Lloyd gets its name from the Lloyd Center (2201 Lloyd Center) which opened in 1960 as the largest shopping center in the country. The district also contains the Rose Quarter, featuring arenas that are home to the Portland Trailblazers and Portland Winterhawks. Each year, the Rose Quarter draws approximately 1.5 million people into the District.
Did You Know?
- The Lloyd Center (2201 Lloyd Center) opened in 1960 as the largest shopping center in the country and is currently undergoing a $50 million renovation.
- The Oregon Convention Center (777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard) is the largest in the northwest. It has the world’s largest Foucault Pendulum and an extensive collection of public art.
- In 2010 the Lloyd District became Portland’s first eco-district, working to accelerate neighborhood-scale sustainability initiatives.
- Spirit of 77 (500 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd) boasts a 16 foot screen for viewing sporting events and was named one of the 'Best Bars in America' by Esquire magazine.
Signature Annual Events
- National Night Out (August)