Did you know that Portland contains 19,200 neighborhood businesses that employ more than 270,000 people? These businesses contribute to local causes at more than twice … Keep Reading ››
The Lloyd District gets its name from the Lloyd Center (2201 Lloyd Center) which opened in 1960 as the largest shopping center in the country. The district also contains the Rose Quarter, featuring arenas that are home to the Portland Trailblazers and Portland Winterhawks. Each year, the Rose Quarter draws approximately 1.5 million people into the Lloyd District.
Did You Know?
- The Lloyd Center (2201 Lloyd Center) opened in 1960 as the largest shopping center in the country and is currently undergoing a $50 million renovation.
- The Oregon Convention Center (777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard) is the largest in the northwest. It has the world’s largest Foucault Pendulum and an extensive collection of public art.
- In 2010 the Lloyd District became Portland’s first eco-district, working to accelerate neighborhood-scale sustainability initiatives.
- Spirit of 77 (500 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd) boasts a 16 foot screen for viewing sporting events and was named one of the 'Best Bars in America' by Esquire magazine.
Signature Annual Events
- National Night Out (August)