National Hispanic Heritage Month occurs September 15-October 15, and honors the cultures, contributions, and traditions of people from Central and South American countries. In Portland, Hispanic and Latinx influences can be … Keep Reading ››
Each year Venture Portland hosts trainings to build the capacity of business district leaders. Venture Portland trainings address all aspects of business district operations such as great promotions, membership campaigns, marketing and running a successful business association. RSVP via Google or email firstname.lastname@example.org and learn best practices with other business district participants and help your business district thrive.
Webinars are quick practical introductions to common topics that affect business districts. You’ll leave with new knowledge and easy-to-use samples to share with your district. View our 2022 Training Calendar. RSVP today!
Upcoming Venture Portland Webinars and Panel Discussions
- 10/19 – Boosting Holiday Sales with Special Promotions
- The holiday season is a critical time for small businesses as they compete for the attention of shoppers. But it can be difficult to stand out in a sea of more than 23,000 businesses. Luckily, there are several local organizations that have created programs and promotions that can help you market and promote your business and attract customers with minimal effort. Sarah Shaoul from Small Shops Big Hearts and Ross Putnam from Kuto will share information on how their organizations are helping small businesses and how you can be a part of it. It will make your holidays merry and bright!
Videos of Past Venture Portland Webinars and Panel Discussions
- 8/24 – Wrapping Things Up: How to Evaluate the Success of Your Event
- 8/3 – Fall Grants Webinar
- 6/15 – Inclusive Events: More than Just a Buzzword
- 5/25 – Marketing Your Event and Promoting Your Message
- 5/17 – Introduction to Events Budgeting
- 4/20 – Strategies for Safe Events w/ PBOT
- 4/6 – Intro to Business Sustainability and Waste Reduction Practices
- 3/16 – Event Sponsorships and Partnerships
- 3/9 – Event Permitting and Insurance
- 2/23 – Leadership Skills & Volunteer Recognition
- 2/9 – Events: Grants & Experiential Marketing
- 2/2 – Event Planning 101: Where to Begin?
- 1/26 – Board Member Recruitment and Running Effective Meetings
- 12/15 – Social Media for Health & Wellness Businesses w/ Bizzy Lizzie
- 11/17 – Instagram Deep Dive w/ Bizzy Lizzie
- 11/3 – Retail Store and Window Design for the Holidays w/ Frontdoor Back
- 10/27 – Social Media for Retailers w/ Bizzy Lizzie
- 10/20 – Making the Most of Your Healthy Business Permit and Outdoor Seating w/ PBOT
- 9/29 – Today’s Special: Social Media for Food and Beverage Businesses
- 9/22 – Beautify Your District with Adopt One Block and Metro Paint
- 8/25 – Social Media for Business Districts Webinar
- 8/18 – Fall Grants Webinar
- 7/21 – Social Media: Friend or Foe? Discussion
Visit our Youtube Channel for more videos of Venture Portland trainings!
Training Testimonials from Business Districts
- “Very informative, excellent presenters, diversified approach.” – North/Northeast Business District
- “This training gives me more confidence in writing grants” – Montavilla/East Tabor Business District
- “It will motivate me to be more active with my social media marketing.” – Hawthorne Boulevard Business District
- “Implementing these tools will drive more customers to our events/stores.” – Historic Mississippi Avenue Business District
- “Great event to help small business in an area that is overwhelming to most.” – Hillsdale Business District
- “What I learned has the potential to make a huge difference in our future with a simple sustained approach overtime, but make big strides now.” – Northeast Broadway Business District