Happy Valentines Day! Portland City Commissioner Nick Fish and Venture Portland President Michelle Wood wrote a love letter to neighborhood businesses that was published today … Keep Reading ››
Trainings and Workshops
Each year Venture Portland hosts trainings and workshops to build the capacity of business district leaders. Venture Portland trainings and workshops address all aspects of business district operations such as great promotions, membership campaigns, marketing and running a successful business association. RSVP today and learn best practices with other business district participants and help your business district thrive. 2016-2017 Venture Portland Training and Workshop Course Catalog
What’s the difference between a training and a workshop?
Trainings are quick practical introductions to common topics that affect business districts. You’ll leave with new knowledge and easy-to-use samples to share with your district. To respond to requests for more in-depth skill-building, Venture Portland also offers morning workshops on critical topics. These workshops will give you the detailed knowledge to help your district thrive. You’ll leave with completed plans ready for you to implement right away. Trainings and Workshops are open to Venture Portland members and their members businesses. Registration is required and lunch is provided. RSVP today!
3/7/17 – Permits, Bureaus and Street Fairs, Oh My! Securing Permits for Event Success
6/1/17 – The Buck Stops Here: Minutes, Motions and Money
6/7/17 – Hail to the Chief: Presidential Roles and Responsibilities
3/22/17 – Identity Crisis: Branding, District Identity and Physical ‘Fit’ness
4/6/17 – Self-Sustaining Events: Festivities That Fit Your District
Venture Portland brings its expertise to you! Venture Portland offers a menu of training topics to in your District, as a benefit that you can offer to current or prospective members.
2016-2017 Venture Portland In-District Training Menu
Training Testimonials from Business Districts
- “Very informative, excellent presenters, diversified approach.” – North/Northeast Business District
- “This training gives me more confidence in writing grants” – Montavilla/East Tabor Business District
- “It will motivate me to be more active with my social media marketing.” – Hawthorne Boulevard Business District
- “Implementing these tools will drive more customers to our events/stores.” – Historic Mississippi Avenue Business District
- “Great event to help small business in an area that is overwhelming to most.” – Hillsdale Business District
- “What I learned has the potential to make a huge difference in our future with a simple sustained approach overtime, but make big strides now.” – Northeast Broadway Business District