Join us in celebrating Black History Month! We always look forward to BHM events like the Portland Jazz Festival, which is being held February 16-25. This … Keep Reading ››
Each year Venture Portland hosts trainings to build the capacity of business district leaders. Venture Portland trainings address all aspects of business district operations such as great promotions, membership campaigns, marketing and running a successful business association. RSVP via Google or email firstname.lastname@example.org and learn best practices with other business district participants and help your business district thrive.
Webinars are quick practical introductions to common topics that affect business districts. You’ll leave with new knowledge and easy-to-use samples to share with your district. RSVP today!
Upcoming Venture Portland Webinars and Panel Discussions
- 2/8 – Grants, Loans and Small Business Support w/ Prosper Portland
- Prosper Portland is the economic and urban development agency for the city of Portland, but not many business owners know how their business can take advantage of the many programs they offer. Whether your business is looking for financial support, access to workforce training, or a new space, Prosper Portland can help. That is why we have assembled a panel of Prosper Portland staff to give an overview of their various small business programs and answer all your questions about taking advantage of valuable benefits. If your business is looking for assistance, Prosper Portland can help.
Videos of Past Venture Portland Webinars and Panel Discussions
- 1/18 – Just Ask Jacob & Joy: Business District Membership Campaigns
- 12/7 – How to Run Giveaways, Contests, and Other Online Business Promotions
- 11/16 – Boost Your Business Using TikTok & Instagram Reels
- 10/26 – District Design Made Easy with Canva
- 10/19 – Boosting Holiday Sales with Special Promotions
- 8/24 – Wrapping Things Up: How to Evaluate the Success of Your Event
- 8/3 – Fall Grants Webinar
- 6/15 – Inclusive Events: More than Just a Buzzword
- 5/25 – Marketing Your Event and Promoting Your Message
- 5/17 – Introduction to Events Budgeting
- 4/20 – Strategies for Safe Events w/ PBOT
- 4/6 – Intro to Business Sustainability and Waste Reduction Practices
- 3/16 – Event Sponsorships and Partnerships
- 3/9 – Event Permitting and Insurance
- 2/23 – Leadership Skills & Volunteer Recognition
- 2/9 – Events: Grants & Experiential Marketing
- 2/2 – Event Planning 101: Where to Begin?
- 1/26 – Board Member Recruitment and Running Effective Meetings
Visit our Youtube Channel for more videos of Venture Portland trainings!
Training Testimonials from Business Districts
- “Very informative, excellent presenters, diversified approach.” – North/Northeast Business District
- “This training gives me more confidence in writing grants” – Montavilla/East Tabor Business District
- “It will motivate me to be more active with my social media marketing.” – Hawthorne Boulevard Business District
- “Implementing these tools will drive more customers to our events/stores.” – Historic Mississippi Avenue Business District
- “Great event to help small business in an area that is overwhelming to most.” – Hillsdale Business District
- “What I learned has the potential to make a huge difference in our future with a simple sustained approach overtime, but make big strides now.” – Northeast Broadway Business District