The Venture Portland Fall/Winter 2017-2018 Grant Applications are now available! *NEW* Catalytic Grant: Corporate Infrastructure Improvement: $1,000 (maximum award)*NEW* Catalytic Grant: District Staffing Kickstarter: $2,000 … Keep Reading ››
The Soul District Business District contains 14 business transit areas in the NE MLK Boulevard business corridor: Alberta, Killingsworth, Prescott, Russell, Fremont, Knott, Williams/Vancouver, Lombard, Rosa Parks, NE 33rd, NE 15th and N Mississippi. The annual MLK Dream Run draws runners from across the country to compete for the fastest time.
Did You Know?
- Ox (2225 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd) serves Argentinean-inspired Northwest fare and was named 'Restaurant of the Year' in 2013 by the Oregonian.
- Purringtons Cat Lounge (3529 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd) is the first cat café in the Pacific Northwest and offers visitors the chance to interact with shelter cats while they enjoy their favorite beverage.
- Tula Bakery (4943 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd) offers sweet and savory baked goods, panini sandwiches, soups and salads plus locally sourced coffee and tea.
- Champions (3827 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd) is part barber shop part community center; where visitors can get a blood pressure test or take a home buying course while they get a haircut.
Signature Annual Events
- MLK Dream Run (September)