July is National Independent Retailer Month, a time to shop local and celebrate the indie retailers that are creating more vibrant, livable and sustainable cities. … Keep Reading ››
Celebrate LGBTQ+ Pride Month with These Portland Businesses and Organizations
Portland’s vibrant LGBTQ+ community can be seen in businesses and events across the city but in 2020 things look a little different. The annual Portland Pride Festival, which commemorates the Stonewall uprising, was originally planned for June 13 and 14 but was postponed due to COVID-19. Instead, businesses stepped up to host a variety of virtual events in its place, proving the resiliency of this community. Follow and support these local LGBTQ+ friendly businesses and organizations that are currently open and keeping the celebration alive.
LGBTQ+ Serving Organizations:
- Q Center provides a safe space to support and celebrate LGBTQ diversity, visibility and community building.
- Pride Northwest focuses on building community and empowering all of Oregon and SW Washington’s LGBTQ+ people.
- Portland Area Business Association champions opportunity, development, and advocacy for the LGBTQ+ and Allied business community.
- Northwest Gender Alliance provides support and safe gatherings for the transgender community and education services to the public.
- Greater Portland Trans Unity organizes events to build community and foster solidarity among trans, nonbinary, intersex, and two spirit people in Portland.
- PDX Latinx Pride brings the community together to share and celebrate diverse and evolving Latina, Latino, and Latinx cultures, experiences and identities by creating safe events for our queer and LGBTQ family.
LGBTQ+ Friendly Businesses:
Beaumont: Beaumont Vision is open Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri from 9am-5pm.
Belmont Area: Belmont Collective is open for walk in shopping Mon-Sun, 8am-8-pm.
Division/Clinton: Night Light Lounge is open for pick up and delivery Friday and Saturday from 4-8pm. Artifact Creative Recycle is offering online sales with curbside pickup. Vent is open for shopping online or by appointment. They are currently offering 25% off everything and 15% off gift cards.
Hawthorne: Lounge Lizard is open for shopping online and by appointment. Magpie Vintage is open for shopping online. Hankins Hardware is open for walk in shopping Mon-Sun, 8am-6pm. Presents of Mind is open for shopping Fri-Sunday 11am-4pm and Mon-Thurs by appointment.
Hollywood: Ragan’s Boutique is open for walk in shopping Wed-Sat, 12-4pm.
Kenton: Fang! Pet and Garden Supply is open for walk in shopping Mon-Sun, 11am-7pm.
Parkrose: Escape Bar and Grill is open for pick-up and delivery Mon-Sun from 12-9pm.
Pearl District: Alchemy Jewelers is open for shopping online and by appointment.
Sellwood Moreland: Portland U-Brew and Unicorn Brewing are open for to go sales of growlers and brewing supplies Tues-Sat, 11am-6pm. Zenbu Lounge is serving sushi for pick up or delivery Thurs-Sat, 4-8pm.
Williams District: Shine Distillery is open for retail sales of Shine Spirits and hand sanitizer Mon-Sat, 10am-6pm.
This list is only a small representation of LGBTQ+ friendly businesses in Portland. Visit gaypdx.com for more listings.