Spring is springing, so it’s no surprise that April 14th is National Gardening Day! Getting outside to enjoy our gardens and … Keep Reading ››
Celebrate National Margarita Day at These Neighborhood Bars and Restaurants
Holy mole! National Margarita Day was on Monday, February 22nd and is a reminder that despite the recent snow flurry, warmer weather is on the way. To commemorate the occasion, we have compiled a list of some of our favorite margarita spots around town. Be sure to check out their food menus too because chips and guac is never a bad idea. Remember, when life gives you limes, make margaritas (but please enjoy responsibly)!
- Alberta: La Bonita has been a Northeast Portland fixture for the 20 years it has been on Alberta Street. They are known for their burritos but are also offering margaritas to-go.
- Beaumont: Founded in Eugene, OR, Tacovore’s Portland location opened in 2019 and offers 11 different kinds of tacos, 3 of which are vegan. Try their ‘Cadillac Marg’ made with Don Julio tequila and Patron, orange liqueur, served with a float of Gran Marnier.
- Central Eastside: Pretend it is summer on Taqueria Nueve’s heated patio. The long-time Portland staple is currently offering dine-in, pick-up and delivery options. Their ‘Amorcita Margarita’ is made with a house-infused strawberry tequila, fresh lime and a splash of OJ.
- Division: Run by a husband and wife duo, Nuestra Cocina uses recipes and flavors spanning far as Zacatecas to the coastlines of Vera Cruz and Tampico. Their ‘Cocina Especial’ Margarita uses Chile Arbol-infused tequila. Xico is offering to-go margarita kits that serve two and include Lunazul Blanco Tequila, fresh squeezed lime juice, triple sec, chile salt, kosher salt and half a lime.
- Foster: How about a margarita with brunch? Along with their famous breakfast and lunch menus, Bar Carlo is also selling their ‘house margarita’ to-go. You can also stick around and enjoy one outside in their covered alleyway patio or sidewalk seating area.
- Gateway: El Indio opened its doors back in 1988 and with more than 30 years of experience, the Ruelas brothers Miguel and Jesus are passionate about offering some of the best Mexican food in the City. Their ‘Perfect Margarita’ is served with Sauza Hornitos, Grand Marnier, Cointreau, triple sec, sweet and sour, and lime juice.
- Lents: Rather have a pizza with your marg? Shifters Bar is located inside the new Humdinger Pizza in Lents Town Center and offers the ‘Testerosa’ made with El Jimador tequila, Cointreau, fresh squeezed blood orange juice and house sour mix.
- Midway: While some restaurants use pre-made ingredients, Ixtapa believes in Mexican’s tradition of cooking fresh from scratch. Check out their website for valuable coupons.
- NE Broadway: What could be more Portland than Taco Pedaler? They love bikes, the outdoors, shopping local, vegans, vegetarians, carnivores and, of course, tacos! Their ‘House Infused’ Margarita has 4 different options – Triple Berry, Jalapeño, Pineapple Serrano, and Smoked New Mexican Chili.
- St. Johns: Get some green in your life at Leisure Public House. They are offering cocktails to-go, a great patio and their space features beautiful plant arrangements. The Garrison specializes in a slew of classic cocktails including margaritas. Enjoy one on their heated patio.
- Williams District: La Cocina Restaurant specializes in traditional Mexican cuisine including soups, salads, tacos and specialties like Enchiladas de Mole. They are also offering to-go margaritas.