Join us in celebrating Black History Month! We always look forward to BHM events like the Portland Jazz Festival, which is being held February 16-25. This … Keep Reading ››
Celebrate Oregon Wine Month at These Neighborhood Businesses
The Willamette Valley is recognized as one of the premier winegrowing regions in the world and is home to two thirds of Oregon’s wineries. That is why it is no surprise that Portland is home to more than 30 wineries and countless bars and restaurants with wine lists that will impress even the most seasoned sommelier. May is Oregon Wine Month so this week we are bringing you some of our favorite spots around town to get a great glass (or bottle!) of vino.
- Alberta: Les Caves is a stylish hideout that is great for enjoying a quality glass of wine. It is located in what was the boiler room of the original Victoria Theater (1910-1965) and Portland Monthly named it ‘Portland’s Coziest Wine Bar.’
- Beaumont: Blackbird Wine Shop is a cute neighborhood emporium offering French, Spanish, and local wines by the glass, plus gourmet cheeses and meat products.
- Central Eastside: There are numerous options for wining and dining in the Central Eastside. For a private, small group tasting and personalized experience, try Division Wine. If you are going for ambiance, Enso Winery is a charming space that is worth a visit.
- Greater Brooklyn: Hip Chicks do Wine is Portland’s oldest urban winery. They are open for wine tasting three days a week and you can always count on fun events happening at their space on the weekends.
- Lloyd: Established in 1984, Great Wine Buys is Portland’s oldest independent wine shop. They stock over 1,500 wines from the world’s top wine regions, including more than 400 from some of the Northwest’s best (and hard to find) wineries.
- Midway: For a great selection of bottled wine from around the world, check out the locally-owned Grocery Outlet at 122nd & Division. Their buyers make it a priority to cater a selection of high-quality wine for every price point.
- Mississippi Ave: Stem Wine Bar is celebrating Oregon wine month with specials and featured wines from across Oregon. The owner, Wei-En, is even available for tarot readings for those with burning questions!
- Montavilla: For live music three nights a week, visit Vino Veritas, which means “in wine there is truth.” Visitors can expect a great selection of bubbles, reds, and white wines.
- Multnomah Village: Sip D’Vine carries a large selection of Northwest wines by the glass, bottle, or case. Plus, they have a lounge area for sipping on the spot.
- Northwest District: Liner & Elsen has been serving wine lovers since 1990. Nationally recognized for their expert selection, they have an extensive inventory of the best wines of Europe, the Pacific Northwest, and beyond.
- St. Johns: 45th Parallel Wines is a retail bottle shop and wine bar with an emphasis on highlighting unique wines from all corners of Oregon. They primarily work with independent, sustainably-minded producers.