July is National Ice Cream Month and with warm weather and sunshine in the forecast, it is the perfect way to stay cool this summer. … Keep Reading ››
Cinco de Mayo Celebrations and Mother’s Day Specials at Neighborhood Businesses
With Cinco de Mayo and Mother’s Day falling so closely together, we are combining these celebrations into one list of recommendations! This Cinco de Mayo celebration at Stage 722 in Belmont District promises an all-day fiesta filled with delicious food, a full bar, some lucha libre viewing, and talent from all over Oregon. but There are plenty of other ways to celebrate the occasion as well. Plus, don’t forget to do something special for the mothers in your life this weekend, we wouldn’t be who we are without them. Hopefully our suggestions below can help provide some inspiration.
- Beaumont: There is never a bad time to stop by Tacovore for tacos and a margarita, but Cinco de Mayo is the perfect excuse. Celebrate your mother with a bouquet of flowers from the Beaumont Florist or discover Mother’s Day gift ideas at The Arrangement.
- Central Eastside: If Mexican comfort food and margaritas made from scratch sounds like your speed this Cinco de Mayo, then be sure to check out Que Pasa. They even have a covered patio perfect for those spring rain showers.
- Eastmoreland: The Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden is a beautiful place to visit this time of year. Enjoy the rhododendrons blooming in all of their glory.
- Foster: What better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than brunch? For vegan or vegetarian options, enjoy some quality time with Mom at Off The Griddle!
- Hawthorne: Whether you are looking for jewelry, lovely candles, relaxing bath bombs, or greeting cards, Presents of Mind has a wide selection of gifts for Mom.
- Hillsdale: Get some authentic Mexican cuisine along with some special Cinco de Mayo cocktails at Verde Cocina.
- Kerns: Pick up some truly decadent treats from Pix Patisserie. This Sunday, bring mom in for high tea and a glass of sparkling wine. They also have a take out version!
- Lents: Bella’s Italian Bakery & Market has a variety of breads, pastries, freshly filled cannoli, made-to-order sandwiches and more. Get a nice spread to celebrate Mother’s Day.
- Lloyd: Get Mom’s jewelry cleaned at Nielsen’s Jewelers, a family run shop with an easy-going atmosphere and welcoming service.
- Multnomah Village: Marco’s Café will be offering a special Mother’s Day Brunch menu featuring a Lychee Rose Mimosa, Dungeness Crab Omelet and Quiche Lorraine.
- Old Town: Immerse yourself in Mexican American culture at Star Theater by commemorating the Battle of Puebla with lucha libre, music from DJ Sinaloa, Deth Maiden, and Dead Steady Sound, festive foods and a full bar, vendors including La Tienda Del Sol and Xochiyotl Beads, plus some surprises!