The holiday season is upon us and business districts all around Portland have been buzzing with cheer! How are you supporting local businesses this season? Shop … Keep Reading ››
Enjoy a Cup of Joe on National Coffee Day at These Portland Coffee Shops
This Sunday, October 1st (!!!), is National Coffee Day, but it is just business as usual for Portlanders, who have taken pride in their locally roasted and brewed coffee for decades. In fact, this year Portland lead the way in the U.S. Coffee Championships. That comes as no surprise. Portland’s many independent coffee shops are community hubs where you can sip a delicious cup of joe, meet neighbors, or just sit and watch the rain fall. Here are just a few spots where you can celebrate and caffeinate.
- Beaumont: Drink coffee in the morning and wine in the afternoon at Prince Coffee, a sleek, woman-owned coffee shop and wine bar.
- Foster: All the offerings you’d want from your neighborhood coffee shop can be found at Speedboat Coffee: cozy seating, Coava coffee, breakfast sandwiches, pastries, chai, and tea. Pro tip: get the homemade baklava when it’s in stock!
- Greater Brooklyn: Rose City Coffee Co is a spacious joint featuring coffee drinks, sandwiches & free WiFi in a bright, brick-walled setting. They also deliver coffee right to your door or will ship anywhere in the US!
- Hawthorne: Take a break from vintage shopping and spoil yourself with French-Asian Fusion desserts and coffee at Champagne Poetry. They make use of chocolate and fruit purees from France, vanilla beans from Tahiti and Madagascar, and coffee beans from all over making this place one of the most unique coffee shops in Portland.
- Hollywood: Have you ever tried rose petals in your latte or coffee? If not, head on over to Holly Rose Coffee and enjoy their sleek, modern esthetic, rotating curated art and top-notch coffee drinks.
- Lents: Take a break from your busy day and stop by Refuge Coffee House to enjoy some coffee and other treats. The owners are deeply connected to the community of Lents and they truly care about quality.
- Lloyd: Both locations in NE Portland of Green Bridge Coffee offer welcoming vibes and serve hot drinks & light bites with a focus on supporting local charities.
- Montavilla: If you’re looking for the very best handmade pies anywhere in Portland, then your search is officially over. Bipartisan Cafe serves handcrafted coffee beverages made with world class, locally roasted Water Avenue Coffee, handmade sandwiches, and soups made from scratch.
- NE Broadway: Milo’s City Cafe serves traditional American breakfast and lunch and offers a perfect cup of joe any time before 2pm each day. Don’t sleep on their fruit plate! The local honey drizzled atop is perfection.
- Raleigh Hills: In a rush? Stop by The Human Bean, a well known coffee drive thru serving espresso, coffee, tea, smoothies, and kid-friendly beverages.
- St. Johns: Specializing in locally sourced and carefully roasted PNW coffee, breakfast sandwiches, and yogurt bowls, The Great North brings the community together with ease.
- Williams District: The Bread and Honey Cafe was started by two Oregonians who wanted to build a neighborhood cafe where people could gather, enjoy simple food, and leave happy, and they have sure been successful! Grab a warm cup of coffee and a delicious meal and see it for yourself.