August is National Black Business Month, a time that highlights the importance of Black-owned businesses to our communities as well as our national economy. There … Keep Reading ››
Make Thanksgiving Magical with These Specials from Neighborhood Restaurants and Bakeries
Thanksgiving has traditionally been a time for Portlanders to show off their cooking and baking skills by creating dazzling dishes for the entire family. However, with so many amazing restaurants in town, many are opting to let someone else do the cooking. Neighborhood restaurants and bakeries are stepping up with special dishes and pre-prepared delights that will make Grandma jealous. Supplies are limited however, so order your meal or book your reservation before they are gone. Here are a few ideas:
- Alberta: Salt and Straw has released special Friendsgiving ice cream flavors including Parker House Rolls with Salted Buttercream, Candied Walnut Cheesecake, Caramelized Turkey and Cranberry Sauce, Sweet Potato Pie, and Pumpkin and Gingersnap Pie.
- Beaumont: Give your home the right touches for the holiday! The Arrangement has velvet pumpkins, figurines, and floral picks that will pair perfectly with the celebration.
- Division/Clinton: Order one of Lauretta Jean’s famous pies online! Options include Pumpkin, Bourbon Pecan, Heirloom Apple, and more.
- Foster: Grab a cocktail on Thanksgiving at Da’Hui and enjoy a free turkey dinner at 6pm.
- Gateway: Twirling Bird Rotisserie has a limited time special on Organic Mary’s turkey legs. For vegan families, stop by Food Fight Grocery, for a variety of seasonal, plant-based choices.
- Hawthorne: Grand Central Bakery will have a special Thanksgiving menu featuring pies, rolls, pastries, and their classic breads.
- Hillsdale: Baker and Spice has pumpkin pie, squash galette, chocolate cream pie, and a myriad of other delights available for pre-order.
- Lents: Did you know you can place same-day online orders for sandwiches, breads, and pastries at Bella’s Italian Bakery? They are a great resource for last-minute cravings.
- Lloyd: Honeybaked Ham will set up a holiday kiosk in Lloyd Center on November 15, located on the second level near Joe Brown’s Carmel Corn.
- Midway: The Tik Tok Restaurant and Bar will be open on the holiday and they’ll have a thanksgiving special with all the trimmings.
- Montavilla: Bipartisan Café is now accepting orders for baked pies including Pumpkin, Pecan, Key Lime, Apple, and Marionberry, plus take-and-bake options.
- Pearl District: Brix Tavern is serving a four-course dinner on Thanksgiving that features roasted turkey, prime rib, green beans, butternut squash, and pumpkin pie.
- St. Johns: Want a family-stye meal at home without the work? Exuberance Catering provides full- service catering so you can relax and enjoy your holiday. Paiku has wonderful pies for your holiday needs, but make sure you pre-order now!
This is a non-exhaustive list so check with your favorite neighborhood restaurant or bakery to see how they can brighten up your Thanksgiving this year. Happy holidays!