Giving Tuesday is here and neighborhood business districts are filled with the spirit of kindness and generosity – as well as holiday decorations, festive events … Keep Reading ››
Make Thanksgiving Magical with These Specials from Neighborhood Restaurants and Bakeries
Thanksgiving has traditionally been a time for Portlanders to show off their cooking and baking skills by creating dazzling dishes for the entire family. But with COVID putting the kibosh on large gatherings this year, many are opting to let someone else do the cooking. Neighborhood restaurants and bakeries are stepping up with special dishes and pre-prepared delights that will make Grandma jealous. Supplies are limited however, so order your meal or book your reservation before they are gone. Here are a few ideas:
- Alberta: Salt and Straw has released special Thanksgiving ice cream flavors including Sweet Potato Casserole, Roasted Peach and Sage Cornbread Stuffing, Salted Caramel Thanksgiving Turkey and Cranberry Juniper Sorbet.
- Division/Clinton: Order one of Lauretta Jean’s famous pies online! Options include Pumpkin, Bourbon Pecan, Heirloom Apple and more.
- Downtown: Bullard has slow smoked turkey dinners portioned for 2, 4, or 8 people available for pre-order. Jake’s Famous Crawfish is serving a traditional turkey dinners for 4-6 people with all the classic staples.
- Hawthorne: Grand Central Bakery will have a special Thanksgiving menu featuring pies, rolls, pastries and their classic breads.
- Hillsdale: Baker and Spice has pumpkin pie, squash galette, chocolate cream pie and a myriad of other delights available for pre-order.
- Kenton: Derby is offering special Autumn Feasts for pick-up with both meat and vegan options.
- Soul District: Pre-order your turkey from Cason’s Fine Meats. While you’re at it pick up some steaks, ribs and chicken too!
- Montavilla: Bipartisan Café is now accepting orders for baked pies including Pumpkin, Pecan, Key Lime, Apple, and Marionberry, plus take and bake options.
- NW District: Paley’s Place is offering Thanksgiving Dinner for $65 to $85 per person, with a number of options at each course for both dine-in and takeout services, including a roast turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and gravy.
- Pearl District: Brix Tavern is serving a four-course dinner on Thanksgiving that features roasted turkey, prime rib, green beans, butternut squash and pumpkin pie.
- Williams District: Order your pumpkin pie or cheesecake from the award-winning chocolatier and pastry chef duo at Jinju Patisserie – now taking orders through November 18th.
- Woodlawn: Try a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with an Italian twist at Campana, which is serving meals for two for $75.
This is a non-exhaustive list so check with your favorite neighborhood restaurant or bakery to see how they can brighten up your Thanksgiving this year. Happy holidays!