The holiday season is upon us and business districts all around Portland have been buzzing with cheer! How are you supporting local businesses this season? Shop … Keep Reading ››
Start Your Fall in Style with These Local Businesses
Can you believe the first day of fall is this Saturday?! With cooler temperatures and the rains coming back before we know it, we say goodbye to summer and hello to decorative gourds, cozy sweaters, and warm drinks. As the leaves begin to change, Portlanders start to prepare for the holiday season and winterize their homes in preparation for the inevitable rain (and maybe even some snow!). Are you ready? Here are a few local businesses that can help you make the most of the harvest season.
- 82nd Ave: Get all of your fall planting needs at Portland Nursery and don’t forget to pick up some apples from the nursery! Every fall they offer amazing produce from local farms.
- Beaumont: Beaumont Hardware has a friendly, knowledgeable staff and everything you need for fall under one roof. From rakes and outdoor supplies to cozy items for inside your home, Do it Best has it all.
- Central Eastside: Planning a holiday event or another special occasion for next year? The Melody Event Center is a gorgeous space. With a complete building remodel that culminated with a grand re-opening in November 2018, The Melody Event Center has expanded into 5 unique event spaces for events ranging from 15 to 1,000 guests.
- Columbia Corridor: Mushroom season is here and that means new hiking boots are in order! Danner is famed for being in the movie Wild and also for being amazing hiking boots!
- Foster: Tis the season to cozy up inside—why not add some fresh scents from Wild Mountain Wax’s fall line of seasonal candles? Witching Hour, Spiced Orange, and Haunted Woods are just a few of the new scents they carry. You can never have enough flannels as you head into the cooler months. Check out Foster Outdoor’s selection of new & used clothing and outdoor gear to prep for the changing season.
- Hawthorne: Sweater weather is coming in hot and so are all of the threads at Buffalo Exchange! They offer second hand fashion that is unique and fashionable.
- Hillsdale: Stock up on seasonal treats at Baker & Spice! They will be making Braided Round Challah on Sunday, September 24th for Yom Kippur!
- Lloyd: Broadway Hardware offers a wide variety of paint, lawn and garden, tools, local niche services, and virtually anything you’ll ever need to fix, repair and maintain your home.
- Multnomah Village: Cozy up with some new books for the season inside at Annie Bloom’s Books! Since 1978, they have been offering Portland an amazing curation of books new and old.
- St. Johns: Two Stroke Coffee gets you ready for the fall with a Cider Chai tea that is TO DIE FOR, along with many other seasonal flavors to kick start your day.
- Stadium District: Fall sports have kicked off and Marathon Taverna is the perfect place to catch all of your favorite games, and even shoot a rack of pool yourself!
- Williams District: Self Care should be top of mind as cold and flu season kick off. Tap into wellness and feel amazing with services offered by North Portland Wellness Center.