National Hispanic Heritage Month occurs September 15-October 15, and honors the cultures, contributions, and traditions of people from Central and South American countries. In Portland, Hispanic and Latinx influences can be … Keep Reading ››
#SupportSmallPDX During 4th of July Weekend
This year, 4th of July weekend looks and feels a bit different than it has in the past. The typical fireworks and family gatherings have been postponed as Portland and the rest of the country continue to have serious conversations around COVID-19, systemic racism and police brutality. Small businesses are still figuring out how to operate in this environment, and your support is crucial to ensure they can stay in business. See below for businesses that are keeping the spirit of summer alive with special promotions and events this weekend and don’t forget to wear your mask!
- Beaumont: Red Sauce Pizza is raffling off ‘The Ultimate Pizza’ party to benefit Jamaican Homestyle Cuisine (purchase tickets through 7/5).
- Central Eastside: Vitalidad Movement Arts & Events Center is hosting Zumba classes (7/4-7/5).
- Hawthorne: Imelda’s and Louie’s Shoes is offering 15% warm weather shoes (through 7/6)
- Kerns: Pix Patisserie is offering an Americana Macaron 6-pack at their new vending machine or by special order (7/1-7/4).
- Lents: Zoiglhaus Brewing is hosting a Brew n’ Q in their parking lot from 4-8pm (7/3-7/5).
- Mississippi Ave: Ecliptic Brewing is releasing a Tiki-inspired tropical ale at a party on their patio from 12-6pm (7/4).
- Multnomah Village: Switch Shoes is offering 20-70% store wide (through 7/3).
- Northwest District: Salt and Straw has teamed up with Olympia Provisions to offer special cookout packs.
- Pearl District: 10 Barrel is offering a free belated birthday beer to anyone who celebrated a birthday between 3/1 and 7/1.
- St. Johns: Chop is offering burgers, dogs, steaks and BBQ rub for pick up (order by 7/2 for pick up on 7/3).