In the late 1800’s, the outskirts of Southeast Portland were mostly forests and farmland. Despite its rural geography, a thriving business district would eventually develop … Keep Reading ››
Localize the Season
It’s time to shop Portland! The holiday shopping season officially starts this week and neighborhood business districts are ready to help you find the perfect gifts for everyone on your lists. Whether you choose to shop Gray Thursday, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or Cyber Monday, you’ll be able to take advantage of great local deals and discounts in your favorite neighborhood stores. So skip the doorbusters and shop your favorite neighborhood businesses to ensure your holidays are merry and bright.
Williams Gives: Giving Trees (11/21-12/17)
- Look for Giving Trees in neighborhood businesses and donate to make the season merry and bright for children in need.
St. Johns Night on the Town (11/22-23)
- Kick off the holiday shopping season in St. Johns with a tree lighting at St. Johns plaza at 5pm on 11/22 and special offers and treats from more than 60 businesses.
Foster Forward (11/29-12/24)
- Visit any of 40+ business and spend more than $5, and get a Foster Forward Ticket that unlocks special prizes, discounts and specials at other businesses.
Kenton Wooden Nickel (11/29-1/6)
- Shop ‘Wooden Nickel’ deals and discounts at Kenton businesses and enjoy lighted trees and decorated storefronts.
Multnomah Village/Hillsdale Golden Ticket (11/29-12/31)
- Make a purchase, get a Golden Ticket to redeem for deals or discounts at more than 50 participating shops and eateries; make another purchase, get another Golden Ticket.
Small Business Saturday (11/30)
- Celebrate the 10th Annual Small Business Saturday by shopping local (#shopSMALL).
- Small Business Saturday recently surpassed Black Friday as the biggest shopping day of the year for independent retailers.
- Light up the night with a festive tree lighting in the Pearl District.
- Worked up an appetite shopping? #DineSmall at neighborhood restaurants and bars.
Division/Clinton Bright Lights, Warm Hearts (11/30-1/1)
- Enjoy lighted window displays while shopping at neighborhood businesses and supporting local charities.
Giving Tuesday (12/3)
- Support your neighborhood business district and help them give back to the community this holiday season.
- Help Division/Clinton and Williams District businesses give back to local children, charities and seniors in need.
When you shop at a local neighborhood business, 70% of every dollar you spend stays in Portland’s economy – giving Venture Portland and neighborhood business districts one more reason to be thankful for your support.